Welcome to the Marketing Forward Podcast! Today we have Seth Goldstein of Goldstein Media, David Birnbaum of Tasty Fish Marketing, and Ashley Owens of Ashley Assists!
Well, it finally seems like Spring has sprung! The snow storms are behind, us and the weather is getting nicer. So let’s get started with today’s show!
- Ways and places to network. It’s not always the way you think
- Traditional business card exchanges are just one way, if you do it right
- The stranger next to you may be the perfect person to network with…at a business meal, a cup of coffee or an evening cocktail
- Conferences can be a great place to network…or in the meeting hallway at a conference!
- On the train or plane…be aware of those around you while commuting and traveling
- Approach to networking
- It’s about quantity AND quality
- Think first about how you can help others!
- Be open to new types of connections, and don’t judge too quickly
- It’s so important to establish a meaningful rapport…before trying to establish a meaningful business connection
- There can be a lot of overlap with your marketing and networking activities
- Scotch/Whiskey analogy…not all marketing is networking, and all not all marketing and networking is created equal
- A key is to know your objectives and strategy…well before going into your tactics!
- Some marketing tactics feel like networking; like social Media and word of mouth
- Others fall outside everyday networking tactics; like print, TV, and direct mail
- Based on your target, some activities–marketing and networking–will be highly efficient while others will fall short
- Important to consider the objective, and type of connection you’re trying to make
- Are you trying to build awareness, generate trial or repeat business
- Even the best offering will fail if marketed to an uninterested audience
- Plan your work and work your plan…with timely and effective follow up!
So that’s our show! We’d love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com, call us or text us at:
(267) 406-0259, leave us a review on iTunes or your podcast directory of choice.
If you have topics you’d like us to discuss please let us know.
You can find out more about David and Tasty Fish Marketing at TastyFishMarketing.com
You can find more about Ashley and Ashley Assists at AshleyAssists.com
You can find more about Seth at GoldsteinMedia.com or on most social networks as Seth Goldstein.
Thanks for listening and back to work we go!